Hello and welcome! I’m Mandy Sims, an expert in the field of personal and professional development. I use my years of experience as an environmental trainer and facilitator, as well as being a qualified practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, to offer excellent coaching, training and facilitation to individuals and groups in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
I have been working in the field of personal and professional development for 20 years, originally as a trainer, facilitator and coach at Losehill Hall, the Peak District National Park Authority’s Environmental Training Centre, and over the last 8 years have been successfully expanding my freelance business.
Prior to this, I was a co-director, writer and performer for a theatre-in-education company, and earlier still, a registered nurse. Communicating well with all sorts of people is what my life’s work is about.
I am inspired by helping people to make the very best of themselves, both in their work and out of it. What drives me is to see someone make positive changes or to discover something new about themselves that gives them greater confidence to take action.
My coaching clients want to identify and achieve personal goals, and my style of coaching, which is honest, insightful, warm and sensible, helps them to do that.
As an individual, you may be lacking direction or self-belief, you may feel overwhelmed by work, or you may want to try out new possibilities to help fulfil your potential.
As a manager, you may be looking for a coach to help improve the performance of your team members. Some may want help with self-confidence, some with presentation at meetings and events, and others with being more effective.
I offer flexible, one-to-one coaching at a time and place to suit you.
Recent clients include:
- CEO of an arts and health organisation
- CEO of a charity for vulnerable women
- Leaders in the museums and heritage sector – as part of the year-long Museums and Resilient Leadership Programme
- Head of Fundraising for a regional country park
- CEO of a business supplying artists’ materials
- Area Ranger for a national charity
- Team members of a landscape-scale conservation charity partnership
- Many other individuals looking to make a step-change in their careers or lives
Excellent quality training can change lives, and certainly changes the way that people work. I devise and deliver training that is always of the highest standard. Whether short workshops or longer programmes, my training…
- Starts where the learners are
- Taps into the learners’ preferred learning styles
- Pays attention to the detail
- Is adaptable and flexible to meet training needs that change as the training progresses
I have many years of experience in providing training in the following areas:
- Learning and development
- Environmental education
- Learning outside the classroom
- Environmental and heritage interpretation
Recent work includes:
- Devising and running a bespoke training day to upskill a range of environmental education staff for Gwent Wildlife Trust and partner organisations
- Developing and delivering practical workshops on Dealing with Stress for Nene Park Trust
- Devising and running a short programme of team development sessions for the Eastern Moors Partnership
- Developing and facilitating a team development day for the National Trust’s Longshaw café staff team
- Devising and delivering a Facilitation Skills Training Day for the Trent Rivers Trust
Good facilitation makes meetings, workshops and consultation events as enjoyable and effective as possible. If you have ever come away from a meeting involving a large group of people, feeling that there was a lack of clarity, that it was hard to participate, and that it was of little benefit, then it could probably have done with some expert facilitation.
I work as a facilitator for a great range of clients, and my aims are always the same: to ensure that the client’s objectives are achieved in the shortest time, with the optimum input from everyone and maximum enjoyment for all involved.
My style is inclusive, adaptable and very well organised. I ensure that all participants feel welcomed and comfortable, and fully engage in the issues and questions, confident that their voices have been listened to.
I use a range of creative techniques, often devising new ones where necessary, to keep participants on track and make the best use of time.
Examples of occasions when good facilitation can ensure success:
- Strategic planning meetings
- Public consultation events
- Customer focus groups
- Visioning and innovation workshops
- Project or service reviews
- Annual General Meetings
- Partnership and steering group meetings
Recent clients include:
- Environment Agency – meetings of the Trent Gateway Steering Group to move the programme forward from vision to delivery
- Nene Park Trust – its annual All-Staff Conference for the past six years
- Natural England – a National Nature Reserves Science Conference
- National Trust – workshops to progress Car Parks Infrastructure and to review a Sports Development project
- England’s National Park Authorities – workshops to develop Visitor Experiences as part of a wider project run by Telltale to develop an Experience Development Framework and Plans for nine national parks in England
- Living Sport – the Board Working Group event to develop a vision and milestones for a 5-year plan
- The Arkwright Society – a Strategic Review meeting for the Board of Trustees
- Royston and District Museum and Art Gallery – a forward planning discussion workshop
Contact me by e-mail, telephone or snail mail for a discussion or to make an enquiry.
- 07979 454 428
- By Post
- Mandy Sims 317 Bole Hill Road Sheffield South Yorkshire S6 5DH